What's in these terms?
Who we are and how to contact us
The Influence Room which includes the website operating via the domain name www.theinfluenceroom.com and its mobile application (“The Influence Room”) is owned and operated by The Influence Room Group Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 05997734 registered at The Influence Room, 6th Floor, Charlotte Building, 17 Gresse Street, London, W1T 1QL (“we/us/our”). Our VAT number is 262512916. To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
By using our site you accept these terms
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- Our Room Rules, which set out the rules which apply to use of our platform.
- If you are a brand or influencer, our general terms and conditions of supply will apply.
We make changes to these terms
We may suspend or withdraw our site
We make no representation that The Influence Room, its website, application or any element of its platform is appropriate or available for use in all locations. We do not guarantee that The Influence Room, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of The Influence Room for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We will not expressly disclose that you are a member of The Influence Room via our social media platforms unless you agree or request that we do so. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you hereby consent to us to re-posting any content on our social media platforms, without notice to you, that you or any third party have posted via social media which may suggest expressly or impliedly that you are a member of The Influence Room. If you do not wish us to repost any images or content on our social media platforms in accordance with the above, please let us know immediately by contacting us at email@example.com
You are wholly responsible for accepting and installing regular updates to the app. If you choose not to accept app updates, your access to the service may be impacted.
Account details and minimum age
- You agree to treat your user name, password or any other piece of information which forms part of our security procedures, as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user name or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Influence Room is designed for use by people aged 18 years and over. Anyone under 18 is not authorised to use The Influence Room.
Linked sites and Social Media platform
- The Influence Room website including opportunities and bids posted by brands or influencers may contain links to other sites not maintained by The Influence Room (“Linked Sites”).
- We are not responsible for the content of any Linked Sites, nor do we in any way endorse any Linked Sites nor are we responsible for the quality or delivery of any products or services offered, accessed or advertised by such Linked Sites.
- To the extent that any Linked Sites collect personal information or contributions from you, we shall bear no responsibility or liability for the manner in which such information or postings are used or exploited. The Linked Sites are for your convenience only and you agree to access them at your own risk.
- We may utilise social network or share functionality and the website may contain social media links, applications or features (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- Your use of any social media platforms is subject to the particular social media platform's prevailing terms and conditions of use and you are encouraged to review the terms and conditions of use of each social media platform before engaging or interacting with the social media links, applications or features on The Influence Room. By using any social media applications or features on The Influence Room, you consent and agree to be bound to the particular terms and conditions of use of the applicable social media platform. Room Unlocked is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any social media platform.
Uploading content to The Influence Room
- Whenever you upload, link to or otherwise publish content directly or indirectly to The Influence Room as part of an opportunity, bid or otherwise, or whenever you message or make contact with brands or influencers via Room Unlocked, (“Contributions”), you must refer to and comply with the content standards set out in our Room Rules.
- You are wholly responsible for any Contributions you post or refer to on The Influence Room and we accept no responsibility for any such Contributions including their truth, accuracy or decency.
- Any and all Contributions you upload, link to or otherwise publish to The Influence Room will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your Contributions, but you are required to grant us and other users of The Influence Room certain rights and licences described below.
- You agree that we are not responsible for, and do not endorse, any Contribution posted by brands or influencers of The Influence Room.
Violation of Terms
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any Contribution posted or uploaded by you to The Influence Room constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We have the right to remove any Contributions you upload, link to or post to The Influence Room if, in our opinion, it does not comply with the content standards set out in our Room Rules.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your Contributions.
If you wish to complain about any Contribution please contact us at email@example.com
You warrant and represent that:
- You will comply with our Room Rules.
When uploading, posting or otherwise providing us with Contributions, you hereby agree to:
- Grant to The Influence Room Group Limited (and its agents), a royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, unconditional, non-exclusive, transferable licence to use any Contribution (including creating and using derivative works) and you authorise us to exercise any and all copyright, trademark, publicity, database or other intellectual property rights you have in any Contribution in any media known now or in the future for the purpose of marketing and promoting The Influence Room, its products and services in any manner; and
- To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, waive your moral rights in any Contribution and promise not to assert such rights or any other intellectual property rights you have in any Contribution against us, an influencer or a brand.
The Influence Room and The Influence Room logos are trademarks of The Room Group Limited and you are not permitted to use them without our express consent.
Limitation of Liability
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- Use of, or inability to use, our site;
- Any errors or omissions in Contributions including any failure to update vacancies, opportunities, products or other services; or
- Use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
- Loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- Business interruption;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We are not responsible for Viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that The Influence Room will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access The Influence Room. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse The Influence Room by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to The Influence Room , the servers on which the platform is hosted or any associated service.
You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
You may not, nor authorise any third party to, do the following in relation to The Influence Room its website or mobile application:
- Decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise convert any element to a human-perceivable form;
- Distribute or republish any element;
- Resell, rent, lease or lend any element;
- Defeat, disable or circumvent any security feature;
- Transfer any element to any third party;
- Use any data gathering or extraction methods or engage in any crawling, scraping, caching or otherwise accessing any content via automated means without consent;
- Register, subscribe, unsubscribe any party to any product or service unless you are specifically authorized by such party to do so; and / or
- Seek to commercialise any component of The Room or its platform.
We reserve the right to modify or terminate The Influence Room or your access to it for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you.
- Immediate suspension or termination of your right to use The Influence Room;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you;
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against you; and / or
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
Should we receive any lawful request from a regulatory or enforcement authority for information about any party who uses The Influence Room, including without limitation any claim that a user’s use of The Influence Room is unlawful, inappropriate or infringes a third party’s rights, you hereby consent to us providing such information and fully cooperating with such request which may include without limitation the delivery up of items.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction